Saturday, March 21, 2009

Laughing At Clouds



Laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart....
(Singing in the Rain)

This morning under threat of rain, I decided to join the ACTC Goat Busters 50 mile ride being led by S and P. We began at Shoup Park in Los Altos. The route included Burke, Purissima, Arastradero, Page Mill, Arastradero, Alpine, Portola, Old La Honda East & West, Skyline, Kings Mtn., Woodside, Whiskey Hill, Sand Hill, and more.

You did all that, you say in a disbelieving tone. Of course not, Silly.

I once took horseback riding lessons at the stable on Purissima. On Portola, we were practically assaulted by a swarm of cyclists (30 or more) and it was rather frightening. C and I completely missed the regroup point. P probably thought we were lost as we have a tendancy towards wandering off.




Atop Old La Honda. This was my second time in 4 years to climb OLH. The Montagues and Capulets along with Mr. Chopin got me up in, wait, drum roll please, 40 minutes. My speed ranged from 4.5 to 7 mph. Okay, you can stop laughing now.





Descending Old La Honda (west). P reminded me that we did this route in the opposite direction for a LKHC ride. It was here that I became chilled and decided that when we returned to Skyline, I would have to say goodbye. I did not warm up until Arastradero but still I had fun on account of being high off a gel.





Back at my car, raindrops began to fall. I wondered about the gang. While I only did 32 miles, I would like to believe that I am a Goat Buster.

2 comments:

Stephen C. Gruber said...

I used to be cold on Skyline during the winter, then I took a look at the Woolistic website: http://www.woolistic.com/
and got some wool jerseys.
S.

Anonymous said...

I believe that Low-Key Hill Climb and Goat Busters recognize each other's members, so your entry in Goat Busters is pretty much assured.