Saturday, July 23, 2011

Going to the Garlic Capital of the World

Sometimes nothing special happens on a bike ride (rarely of course in my case) but you still feel that it was remarkable. Perhaps it was because of the friendly club members or because everything went smoothly and we lucked out with the headwinds dying out on the last leg of our journey. Today, we rode to Gilroy, the garlic capital of the world! I love the stinking rose. The route consisted mostly of rollers with just 2 climbs (Buffalo and Croy).


Miss P captured The Shot -- a bed of flowers (a farm) bursting with color on Hecker Pass Highway. Stunning. Me, I only took one photo of the group. The Boyfriend, who didn't join this outing, expects me to ramble on about all the men I met. But no, I am saving myself for next weekend's outing -- the Santa Cruz Mtns. Challenge. Hold on, I did pass 9 male cyclists stopped on the side of the road fixing a flat. Well, hopefully it didn't take all 9 of them ... naturally they noticed me. Where have you been all my life, they no doubt wondered.... Oh, and I stopped traffic on Hecker Pass Highway -- thus, allowing me to cross safely. Wasn't that swell.


Just the Stats:


65.75 miles

13.4 mph avg

26.5 mph descent

4 hr 54 min

No comments: