Saturday, April 28, 2012

Courting Calaveras Again


"I just can't get enough.  I just can't get enough." Naturally, I am referring to biking Calaveras ....  Today, I joined Miss P and Dr. G. on their impromptu club ride to Pleasanton via Felter, breathtaking Calaveras, and Foothill in Sunol.  I didn't realize that I biked up Felter in my big gear, going 9 mph.  I think I finally graduated from kindergarten.  But I wasn't able to make it up all the way on The Wall, so, I took a photo of some of the 22 cyclists who were on the ride.  Lots and lots of cyclists out today.


We stopped for lunch in Pleasanton.  I visited the Cache Creek Lavender stall at the Farmer's Market.  The photo is from the website.  One of the farmers sprayed lavender mist on me.   ooh, divine.  They're having a festival in Rumsey (Capay Valley in Western Yolo County)  on June 9th and 10th. 

Just the Stats:

48 miles
11.4 avg mph
29.5 mph descent
4 hr 10 min

No comments: