Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blowing in the Wind

The last several years, I've spent the 4th of July with club members at the ACTC Pancake Breakfast.  This year, since I'm not cleared to ride a bike yet, I decided to walk Windy Hill starting at the parking lot in Portola Valley and ending at the summit overlooking Skyline Blvd.

Guess what.  It's frigging windy and it certainly is a hill.  And where were the men!  Oh I know, biking.  I met a lot of families and dogs.  And then, the runner came.  OMG.  I think I began panting, and no doubt, drooled a bit, as his lovely chiseled body sprinted past me.   Talk about fireworks.... For a minute, I forgot about the wind, being sweaty, feeling grimy from the dust and missing biking with my friends on this holiday.  I find walking hard.  I managed to do 5.6 miles in 2 hours.  

No comments: