Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Zaca Foxen Canyon



Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BF: Wake up Missy, time for another 60 mile training ride! You know you don't get enough of it.
Me: You got that right, Mister. I know I don't get enough of it. [oh oh, I'm in trouble now ... maybe he'll fire me as his girlfriend and then I can go back to sleep.]
BF: Get your tushy out of bed and haul it out the door, Missy.
Me: He's so romantic, isn't he.

We passed through Los Olivos, Lompoc, Buellton, and other little towns in the Santa Ynez Valley. We stopped at Firestone Winery.








I bought figs at the Solvang Farmers market and we stopped for coffee at the Bulldog Cafe.



Thursday, September 25, 2008.

50 mile Santa Maria Loop. No photos to share from this ride. Interesting day. We met a cyclist from the Toyota United team at a Starbucks in Santa Maria. We also came across a bunch of cyclists doing a benefit ride for arthritis. Later in the day, while taking a break, both of my tires flatted. The electrical tape didn't hold up in the heat.

We said goodbye to Solvang and made our way to Pismo Beach. I bought rim tape from a bike shop in Grover Beach and the BF kindly fixed my tires. Tomorrow, we make our way towards Morro Bay.

No comments: