Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sweaty in Sveadal


Once a year, I eat pancakes and sausages -- at the ACTC 4th of July breakfast -- and with our bellies full, club members, decked out in red, white and blue, set off to do various rides. I chose to go with S & P, the host and hostess with the most and mostess.
Our cool group of 14 riders sweated it out over to Sveadal, a Swedish American community tucked away on Croy Road in Morgan Hill, near Uvas Canyon County Park. Who knew!
Alas, I do not flirt in hot weather. Oh alrighty, just a little bit on Uvas as a number of SJBC cyclists flew by. Can't exactly say I was Susan Sarandon with the ice cube melting down her chest in Atlantic City or Kathleen Turner turning William Hurt's head in Body Heat. Then again ....
A good ride with fun people. I finally feel comfortable on the bike again as the memory of the bike accident recedes.
Just the stats:
54 miles
12.2 mph avg.
29.5 mph on descent
4 hrs 23 min.

No comments: