Sunday, August 12, 2012

Santa Rosa Creek Road

Here I am posing at the start of Santa Rosa Creek Road off Main Street in Cambria.   Yeah, I'm bad.  Particularly on flat stretches ....  The first part of this climb is maybe 4 percent or so.  Here's Kirby James pictorial blog.   Lovely green compared to our hot summer wheat colored rolling hills.

 I think I'll take a break and shoot photos of The BF from the behind ....

 I think I'll take another break and shoot photos of The BF from the behind ....

 Give you some idea of this climb.  While we hit some short steep pitches (20%?), it doesn't hold up against something like Sierra Road, which is much much harder.  But it's a wonderful ride, quiet, in the middle of nowhere.

Then again, look at me, about to keel over.  Yeah, I'm bad.  Not.  After climbing Santa Rosa Creek Road, we had a wonderful descent on Hwy 46. 

No comments: