Saturday, December 7, 2013

I Got Hitched

Last month, my mother gave me her car.  I had it transported from Virginia.  I always said to no one in particular, well perhaps to The Boyfriend, that when I got a new vehicle, I'd get a bike rack.  Miss P. suggested that I go to Rack n Road.  Thank you Miss P. - best recommendation ever.   I can't say enough about this store's customer service and knowledge.  The BF and I spent close to an hour deciding on the right model for me.  Roof racks are much cheaper but not going to happen for a short person such as myself.

I selected the Kuat Sherpa for 2 bikes.  Beautiful.  It's aluminum and weighs about 28 lbs.  It took an hour and a half to have the hitch installed and the bike rack mounted.  Can't even tell it's part of the car.  Again, I can't say enough about the excellent customer service I received from Rack n Road in San Jose.

Today, The BF and I went for a test spin.  The set up is easy, loading and unloading a breeze.  We only managed to bike 20 miles because biking in 45 degree temperature with an icy wind is not exactly my idea of a good time.   What's with the cold snap!

2 comments:

NadiaMac said...

Nice rack Christine! (hee hee)
And yes, I thought something else when I saw the title of the post.

I also got hitched at R-n-R and they did a great job

Alison Chaiken said...

What she said. Christine, your blog never fails to make me smile.