Saturday, June 13, 2015

Heat and Water

Amazed that we still have water in our reservoirs.  Club ride today in the heat.  They were a fast bunch, much too fast for me.  But, if I'm going to sweat, I'd rather sweat outdoors doing a ride than indoors wilting.

Me, wilting outdoors.  Oh well.  The gang left me in the dust, so, most of the ride, I was on my own.  But I rather liked that.  Besides, gave me time to snap photos, look for aliens, and appreciate the scenery.  We started with headwinds that surprisingly were rather refreshing.  Cool breeze.


Again, a sight to behold.  Water in the reservoir.  The loop we did included Santa Teresa, Bailey, McKean, Uvas, Oak Glen, and more of Morgan Hill area.

Sycamore.  Loved it.  It was shaded, too.  By the time I caught up to the gang for lunch, they were ready to roll, so, I did, too.  I banged it the whole ride and felt pleased, doing 45 miles in 3 hr. 30 min.  No headwinds for once returning on Santa Teresa.  Boy, taking a shower afterwards felt wonderful, simply wonderful.

No comments: