Saturday, June 27, 2015

Moody

Miss A. joined Donny's club ride today!  We rode together on Foothill to Moody Road but she was like a rabbit and I, more like a turtle crawling along.  I haven't climbed Moody or Page Mill Road in over a year, and boy did my thighs let me know.  Along the way, I saw hogs, a lone deer walking without fear in someone's yard, Ron B. from LKHC days, and I think Dick M. or someone who looked like him.  I also saw a mtn. biker crash coming down Page Mill.  Several of us stopped to make sure he was okay.  At W. Alpine Road, I lost interest in going to Pescadero despite the lure of freshly baked warm artichoke bread.  Ever have one of those days, or in my case, a week, of feeling distracted, listless, restless, moody, and slightly off.  So, I turned around.  Tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

Alison Chaiken said...

I didn't turn around, but I took a 3-hour nap when I got home. To my shame, I *drove* to a concert at Stanford because I was still too whipped to ride even after post-nap coffee. Hope to see you at the Church next Saturday!