Wednesday, December 16, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

1977, standing in a long line with my brothers in Dale City (Woodbridge, VA), simply unheard of it at the time, to see some movie called Star Wars, and from the get go, we were mesmerized. Why, not because of the incredible special effects, but by a spectacular story line with unforgettable characters, a plot perfectly played out and why certain films capture our imaginations forever and become classics. Though, even back then, I could not stand Princess Leia's hair do. As I matured, I fell out of love with Luke and moved on to Hans....

And here before your eyes is a 150 lb chocolate replica of R2D2 at the Fairmont Hotel, San Jose.  I kid you not.

Another Star Wars chocolate delight created character  in the lobby of the Fairmont, San Jose.  Always, a treat to visit this hotel during the holidays.

Smell the dark chocolate.  It took over 150 hours to create this wonder, weighing in at 200 lbs.

Oh, Dr. Seuss, you bring tears to my eyes.  Concocted of 170 lbs. of white chocolate and icing.  This was in the bar at The Fountain at the Fairmont Hotel, San Jose.  No one was in sight.  I considered sitting at the bar, and saying to no one in particular, "Yes, I'd like a cocktail.  Do pull up a chair, and join me."  And I have a soft spot if you're a fireman or The Boyfriend ....

Seen in the lobby at the Fairmont, San Jose.  Lovely.


Concocted of gingerbread.  Magnificant.

One last parting shot from The Fairmont, San Jose.  Sweet.  My neighborhood has also decorated its lawns, dazzling effects, makes me have hope for our world, to bring joy and peace to all of us.  Do come to downtown San Jose for a visit.  And I have yet to tackle Christmas in the Park.


No comments: