Saturday, July 15, 2017

Heating Up with The Boyfriend

Another hot weekend.  Today's club ride included Coyote Creek Trail, Thomas Grade and Henry Coe.  Mr. D. listed the start time for 9am.  The Boyfriend wisely suggested that we depart at 8am to beat the heat. 

Bunnies were in abundance on the trail.  While climbing Henry Coe, a deer flew (pranced? hopped? sprung?) over a hill and landed right in front of me.  Whoa!  And then darted off.  Really Mr. Deer, did you have to choose that particular moment to cross the road?  I suppose it thought, "Yo babe, you're in my way."  Luckily neither of us got injured. 

As I neared the top of Henry Coe, The BF was coming down.  He had only waited 15 minutes. Well, he got an earful from me for not waiting.    He thought maybe I wasn't going to make it to the top.  Ha ha ha.  Listen Mister, Miss P. and I survived Mt. Ham last weekend.  He was proud of me and in awe, as are most men.  Ha ha ha.  Well, basically I told him if he knew what was good for him, he better be singing my praises.  Ha ha ha.  He climbed the last little bit again with me.  Thank you! On the way down, we met Donny and Joan climbing.  We both did well especially in the heat.  And I'm glad I listened to The BF about getting an early start.

Just the Stats:

46.54 miles
9.3 avg mph
33.5 mph descent
4 hr 59 minutes

No comments: