Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Flat Ride with the Birds

Miss P. took the time to come up with a really interesting new club ride that began in Sunnyvale at the Community Center and took us along the San Thomas Aquino Creek Trail, the Baylands Park Trail, and the Stevens Creek Trail.  All trails I've never done and truly enjoyed.

It was a splendid route.  I wish I had taken more photos showing us passing Great America and Levi's Stadium before we came upon the Bay Trail and all the birds.

We headed towards Shoreline Park and the Google Campus.  I was beginning to feel the fatigue of a week long bike vacation in Nevada City as well as a 35 mile club ride yesterday that included Page Mill Road.

The wow factor -- the egret nesting sanctuary on Shorebird Way in Mountain View that Google is generously helping to protect.  Alas, I parted ways with my companions during the lunch break, riding off alone to return home, happy but tired, a 44 mile trip on my hybrid.

No comments: