Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fremont Peak





Being a club ride led by Donny, who always takes me to places I've never seen, I shall refrain from sharing the conversations I had with The Boyfriend during this outing.  We began in San Juan Bautista.  Lovely downtown.  Do visit.  Especially if you are interested in the missions of California. 





First, we did an out and back to the tiny town of Aromas and along the way passed this pretty pond. We also passed several farms including Earthbound Organic Farm.
 

Next, the piece de resistance.  Climbing San Juan Grade to Fremont Peak.  11 miles of stunning views.



Definitely returning when the hills are green.  



Descending was fantastic -- essentially you just sit and go down.  My kind of ride.




I saw some dirt bike riders on the trails.  Super ride that calmed my blood pressure and chilled the hot flashes.  The BF was subjected to me rambling in the car, poor fella ....

Just the Stats:

40.24 miles
4900 ft of climbing?
32.5 mph descending
10.1 avg mph
3 hr 57 min

No comments: