Sunday, September 2, 2012

Boy Toy Sighting on Mars



Saturday, September 1, 2012

The BF:  Time to do Del Puerto Canyon and the backside of Mt. Hamilton again
Me:  Will this be a catered event?
The BF:  Sigh. The scenery is like being on Mars.  Stark. Will that be the theme of your blog?
Me:  You crack me up, Mister.  The only scenery I ever notice are male cyclists in tightly clad spandex.
The BF:  There isn't going to be much about biking in this blog entry, is there.
Me:  You got that right, Mister.



Miss A joined us!  She got new gears, just like mine (11-32 cassette; 50/34 compact crank).  Not that she needs weenie gears.  She's so strong.  She backtracked a number of times to check on me.  We looked at The Boyfriend's gears.  Miss A observed that he has manly gears.  I can vouch for that.  Quite manly, yes.

While at the Junction Cafe, Miss A brought me dessert, assuming she cared to share.  A boy toy from Amsterdam!  Tasty treat.  He wanted to know what to do for entertainment.  Hmm, let me count the ways.  The Boyfriend sighs...

Last year when we did this ride (more photos if you're interested), I turned around at the junction while The BF went on to do the backside of Mt. Ham.   Remember, he's manly.  Hmm, let me count the ways.  This time, Miss A and I went 10 miles on the backside.  The plan was to go to the bridge, but, I was tiring.  Biking with Miss A kept me from weenie whining and to keep up momentum.

Yay, going back to Patterson.
 


We're going to return in the spring when the hills turn green and the wildflowers dot the landscape.  I hope male cyclists in tightly clad spandex will also dot the landscape.


Here I come.  The last 4 miles dragged.  My feet hurt.  I slowed considerably.  I waited for The BF at the end.  I calculated correctly that he was about 15 minutes behind me.  He was a welcome sight.  Manly, remember.  We had a super time and the weather was just perfect.  Til next year....

Just the Stats:

72.29 miles
11.7 avg mph
29 mph descending
6 hr 11 min

1 comment:

Alison Chaiken said...

Christine, thanks for inspiring me to get the new gears. The thought would never have crossed my mind without seeing your new setup. Secondly, thanks for being patient while I adjusted my rear derailleur! Del Puerto Canyon is lovely. We should all ride that Canyon Classic next June. The luncheon stop at the winery in Livermore was especially pleasant, and the sight of a water stop at the top of the hill on Mines was certainly a welcome one! The return from Patterson Pass to the town of Patterson was quite fast, as we had a stiff tailwind all the way down the valley.