Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Eastern Sierras - Pine Creek

Tuesday, September 17

Today, The Boyfriend and I did another new climb for us -- Pine Creek.  We started from the hotel in Bishop.  44 miles total with 3,550 feet of climbing.  What I consider a classic Desert ride, like I know what that means....

Lookey, there's my man.

We're in the middle of nowhere.  And what should appear?  You guessed it -- a fire truck.  And shortly thereafter, we came upon a fire station.  My kind of day ....

The BF:  Do you call them in advance and let them know that you're in town?
Me:  What can I say, they follow me wherever I go.
The BF:  Apparently.
Me:  What can I say, when you're in demand ....
The BF:  Sigh.

About a mile or so to the summit, we encountered headwinds, so severe, that I, being a weenie woman, unlike my man, had to get off my bike and walk.  About this time, Ranger Rob, with his rippling muscles, spotted what he believed was a woman in distress ...  I had me a mighty fine with Ranger Rob.  Seriously, had I been by myself, I might have asked Ranger Rob for a ride.

Yay, the summit.  And yah, The BF was my hero, having located a source for water.  I forgot all about Ranger Rob. Elevation at this point was 7,425 feet.

Is that man hot or what!  My top speed on descent was 38.5 and his was 47 mph.  The struggle was worth it.  The ride was lovely.  Onto Happy Hour, and well deserved.

No comments: