Friday, September 27, 2013

Eastern Sierras - Onion Valley

Thursday, September 19th

Some have described Onion Valley as the hardest climb in California.  Well, if Weenie Woman got up it, last year and this year, then, one must challenge said claim.  I am guessing that it is because in 13 miles, you will climb 5200 feet to the summit (elevation 9,200).

Naturally, The Boyfriend accompanied me on part of the journey, having learned that Ranger Rob among others held my attention.  He wanted to make sure that my dance card was filled with his name only.  At some point along the way, The BF revved up his engines and shot off like a rocket.  I really liked our gang this year (I enjoyed the company of the cyclists from the previous two years as well) because it was clear that everyone was there to have a good time and to go at their own pace.  

Me, at the top.  It was warmer this year, however, with all these mountain descents, one must come prepared with jacket and woolies, just in case.  Apparently, I dazzled some of the cyclists with my singing.  Take note Boyfriend.

No comments: