Thursday, September 18, 2014

Eastern Sierras - Around the Lake and Alabama Hills

Thursday, Sept 11th

Today, we bid farewell to our friends on the Eastern Sierras trip as we had other plans.  Naturally, my plans including frolicking in bed, eating bonbons, and perhaps go shopping for a new boy toy.  Naturally, my plans were ignored.  The Boyfriend wanted to do the bit of the ride he missed, the pretty scenic dam that Miss P. and I had already done since we actually read and followed the route sheet from the other day ....

Occasionally, I let The BF think he's in charge and let him lead ....  In any case, "I don't want to set the world on fire. I just want to start a flame in your heart. In my heart I have but one desire. And that one is you. No other will do." [The Ink Spots].  Something I tell all my men and something they think I only say to them alone....  

So, before leaving Bishop, we did a 20 mile or so loop that included the section he missed.

We then moved on by car to Lone Pine, ate lunch, and tackled the wonderful Alabama Hills off Horseshoe Meadows.  This is a must do ride.

It was rather toasty in the late afternoon but not as hot as last year.  We're here in Lone Pine to do the one ride we missed last year due to weather conditions -- tomorrow we tackle it.

1 comment:

Alison Chaiken said...

The "Alabama Hills" name doesn't strike me as obvious. Any clue to the origin? What about the Onion whatsit? Are there any onions there? And can you use "ghMacMo pressure" (today's Captcha) in a sentence?