Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Pining, Whining on Pine Creek Road - Eastern Sierras

Wednesday, September 5

I love glamorous shots of myself ... okay, here's how it went down.  I took charge at the start of the ride, getting everyone to follow me as we began our Pine Creek Road ride starting from the Creekside Inn in Bishop.  Before long, most of our gang left me in the dust.  But for one brief, shining moment, I was the leader....

We started at an elevation of 4148 feet.  Along the way, I had the opportunity to chat with a few of the gang and that was swell.  Towards the last few miles, the elevation cranks up a bit and suddenly, it's like you're cycling in slow motion, wondering why it's taking forever to do the last few miles to the summit. It's because suddenly you find yourself at 7425 feet elevation.

I made it, I made it.  Woo hoo.  I love this gang.  They're patient and cheer you on.  The BF is not in the picture.  He was pleased with how he did as well.

The last leg of the trip involves going past a lovely body of water.  So, I did 49 miles in approximately 4 hrs and 15 min (had a bit of a problem with my odometer, so I think that's the time elapsed) with a descent hitting 36 miles, which is big for me.  Afterwards, we all met at the Schaats Bakery for great sandwiches and of course, we met again for Happy Hour and dinner at the Upper Crust, serving up super pizzas. 

No comments: