Saturday, September 22, 2018

Sightings on Saturday Summits

We were a fine group today, all 4 of us for Miss P's club ride doing Old Santa Cruz Highway, Highland to Eureka Canyon and Loma Prieta/Mt Bache, a total of 37 miles and approximately 3500 feet of climbing. 

Except for the not so great road surface here and there, it's a great ride that challenges you while providing exceptional scenery, including of course, firemen. 

We had it all -- woods, shade, sun, Monarch butterflies, deer, and quail.  Oh, did I mention, firemen?  Running joke if you're late to the party -- wherever I go, even in the Eastern Sierras, firemen seem to follow.

The guys were faster than us but they were gentlemen, waiting patiently at regroups.  I was incredibly sluggish today but I kept on.  Probably on account of the, yep, you guessed it, the firemen.

Towards the end, we stopped at the Summit Store and came upon this.  A bit early perhaps but I guess it's because Fall is just around the corner.  Of course, there was a red firetruck, and yes, you guessed it, firemen sitting nearby.  What can I say?  I love cycling and the sightings I see....





No comments: