Monday, September 10, 2018

The Landscape of June Lake

Sunday, September 2nd

And we're off again for another ride, this time the landscape of June Lake  from an elevation of 6846 feet to 7701 feet.  I'm fresh and ready since I didn't do the entire route from yesterday's Tioga Pass.  In other words, I left The Boyfriend in the dust, but, only for awhile....

We started around 10am hoping to meet our cycling buddies coming from Mammoth Lakes.  Omg, they biked from there after having done Tioga Pass yesterday.  Incredible!  Even at 10am, I still needed my woolies but I'm a wuss.

This is a beautiful ride of about 23 miles in which to see the diversity of the June Lake area with its lakes and mountains.

Probably a good time to mention that wherever I go, firemen and their firetrucks seem to follow. It became a recurring theme on this trip....  The BF believes there is an app for me.  :)

A fun descent and off he goes.  In some ways, it reminded us of our Tour of Southern Utah.

It was a good recovery ride affording us stunning views of the area.  We never did meet up with our group but we would later in Mammoth Lakes.

Returning to our lodge and time to pack up and depart for the next leg of our Eastern Sierras trip - Mammoth Lakes.

No comments: