Sunday, May 3, 2015

Isn't It Romantic

Omgoshy, I'm off to the big city aka San Franciso, taking BART from Colma station to Civic Center.  Brrr, rather windy and chilly today.  And get this People, on the way back, there were delays due to an earthquake (4.0)  and need to do safety checks.  Nobody told me that I would be assaulted by smells of urine walking along Grove Street.  Alas, I'm in the big city, I guess.

Lookey, it's the San Francisco Public Library!  No time to stop by and chat with kindred spirits since I'm off on my big adventure.... guess where I'm headed.

Thanks to a sweet and bestest friend, I'm going to the War Memorial Opera House.  Why you ask?

"Two households, both alike in dignity, in fair Verona, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean."  Omg, I'm seeing, for the very first time, SF Ballet perform Romeo and Juliet.  Here's a review.  Mind you, I still am enamored by my hometown ballet  and upcoming Cinderella

Oh how exciting.  I'm staring at the ceiling, and talking with the elderly couple behind me.  They are romantic.  They thought it amusing that I did not have GPS to get me to my seat.  And whoa, hello, great seat, thank you bestest friend.

Curtain time.  Time to savor the Montagues and the Capulets, the performers, the costumes, and the marvelous orchestra interpreting Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights.  What a treat.  I am blessed.






No comments: