Thursday, May 21, 2015

Lompoc Loop

Saturday, May 16th

I'm pretty sure the aliens went that away .... 

We're doing Lompoc today.  Can't really say exactly which roads we traveled.  I leave that up to The Taskmaster, aka The Boyfriend.  I follow and suffer.  He ignores me.  I keep a lookout for aliens. 

What makes all of these rides we do in Solvang/Lompoc/Santa Ynez/Los Olivos/Los Alamos etc so special is the quietness of our surroundings, the scenic views of vineyards, agriculture and little traffic.  One can become totally unplugged from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and simply appreciate our beautiful state.  Of course, one must always be on the lookout for aliens.

The wind was fierce going into Lompoc but eased up as we made our way into the canyons.  Today we did 38 miles in 3 hours 20 minutes. 

No comments: